Monday, June 13, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

I tried this... once or twice in the beginning of my blogging experience.

I thought I would try it again. :)

I figure if I have a plan, and know what to shop for--then, it will make my week far more easier!


Breakfasts:
The hubby typically just makes his own before going to work... he's the breakfast king.
I on the other hand, start my mornings with Carnation Instant Breakfast.

Lunches:
The hubby packs his own lunch (way to go sweetie!).
I am trying to eat 5 small meals every few hours... so after breakfast, I plan on having some fruits, veggies, jerky, or yogurt... I have to plan this out a little bit more but you get the gist. ;)

Dinners:
This is what I really, REALLY need to plan for. So here are five dinners I'd like to make this week...
- Fajitas (chicken) with chips/Salsa
- Grilled Flank Steak with Tomatoes, red onion, and Balsamic
-Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella
- One salad from below

Dessert this week:
-Picking one from below....

I really would like to start eating salads about 3 days out of the week... here are some salad recipes that I've found... and that I want to hang on to!

Bistro Dinner Salad
Spinach Salad with Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette 
Sautéed Escarole, Corn, and White Bean Salad
Coriander Chicken with Tomato Corn Salad
Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad with Spicy Pineapple Dressing
Seashell Salad with Buttermilk-Chive Dressing
Couscous Salad with Chickpeas
Red Beet Salad
Healthy Garden Salad
Chicken Fruit Salad
Chicken and Strawberry Salad
Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pitas

Okay, this might turn into a post about which recipes I'd like to try...
Here's a few dessert recipes I'd like to try too. :)
Chocolate Crepes with Strawberries
Black and White Chocolate Chip Clouds
Strawberry Swirl Cheese Cake
Chocolate Ricotta Mousse
No-Bake Chocolate Fudgy Snowballs
Cinnamon Apple Crisp

2 comments:

  1. I might have to add some of these recipes to my menu for next month. I plan my dinner menus by the month, and it saves me so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa-what a great idea to plan a whole month! I might have to try that!! :)

    ReplyDelete