It looked so delicious AND healthy! So, I thought why not try it?
I thought it turned out pretty and delicious!
Here's the recipe (and a few adaptations):
Chicken with Spinach & Mozzarella
Adapted from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
- 24 oz (3 large) chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise to make 6 cutlets - I used 6-7 chicken tenders instead.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed (I used it from a jar)
- 10 oz frozen spinach, drained
- 3 oz shredded part skim mozzarella
- Red, Orange, and Yellow Peppers chopped. (I froze what I didn't use so I can have some ready for the next time)
Heat a pan and add oil and garlic. Saute for a little bit.
Cut up the peppers.
Check the chicken--if ready to flip, flip it!
Add Spinach to sauteed garlic. I added the spinach frozen, so I cooked it over medium heat and kept flipping it (Eventually it all worked out). Cook until it is heated through. Add a little salt and pepper (or other spices).
Take chicken out of oven. Spoon spinach/garlic over each piece of chicken. Top with a little bit of shredded mozzarella and sprinkle on the peppers (I don't like green, so I like to use yellow, orange, and red)! Bake until the cheese is melted (about 6-8 minutes).
Take it out--enjoy the view AND the taste!!
What a great start to making better recipes--and healthy choices. Healthy food CAN be delicious!