Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Life Update

Oh how it's hard to be away from the one you love. (Hi honey! Miss you!)

We've been seeking direction, asking for patience, and looking for answers to lifes hardships and questions a lot lately. Sometimes I look at our life and ask "why"... why is life so hard? Why can't God just give us the answers to our prayers, our hearts cries, and our desire to have things go the way we planned. Then I read this...

God's 3 Answers to Your Prayers:
1. Yes.
2.  Not Yet.
3. I have something better in mind.
What a reminder! Sometimes we are in constant need of this reminder, that He knows what is best and He has a better plan in mind!

So, here I am... in Florida looking for a teaching position. I felt as if I needed to at least give it a try before closing the door--and I'm so glad for my husband's support! Teaching in Florida is a little different than in Michigan. Today, in an interview, I was told about one of Florida's laws regarding how many students can be in a classroom. In a k-3rd grade classroom, the maximum number of students is 18. In grades 4th and 5th it is 22. In Michigan, there are classrooms up to 27 kids! Wow!

I guess I just don't want to be afraid to do something different... I don't want to be afraid of change. We are in a state where we do not have kids, not fully established, and have our whole lives ahead of us--taking a risk now would mean change but it would also be an adventure.

We just need to keep this in mind:
To not forget to "listen for God's voice in everything we do & everywhere we go; He's the one that will keep us on track." Proverbs 3:6

One day I want to be able to look back and to think Wow! Trusting God, and following where He led us was the BEST plan ever; far better than we ever imagined!

So, God, please lead us where You want us!

And please make it obvious! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment