Friday, August 5, 2011

Together

My hubby and I have started reading a book together for our weekly devotional. We have been absolutely terrible with reading His word and praying together--I think it's been because we've been so stressed, angry, etc. with where our lives are right now.

Our lesson was about trusting God. It was strange as we were reading the first chapter of our Couple Devotional Book and the author mentions that they went through infertility as well--and that they had to trust God through everything. I mean, it's one thing when you read a devotional or a friend says "trust God, it'll be okay!"--without having a single idea what we're experiencing in our life (either not knowing what we're experiencing or knowing but not able to relate). And then it's another experiencing hearing that someone has been through it. Someone knows the emotions we're feeling; the depression or sadness, the stress, the incredible want, etc. Anyways, the author of the Couple Devotional Book experienced what we're experiencing, so it just means that much more when reading about trusting God and His timing.

Then, I saw this the other day on Pinterest....


After almost a week of fasting, I'm starting to feel this calmness---that in His time, things WILL work out. Things WILL get better.

What a great promise-- 1 Peter 5:6-7
So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

So thankful for a caring God even when I've been distant and upset; He still loves me because His love NEVER fails.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I read this tonight.. I have been struggling with my faith for the last few years while TTC. Year 1 I believed He would show me his plan. Year 2 I went from complete acceptance in His plan, to hating Him for leaving me with nothing but pain, especially after miscarriage #2... after m/c #3 I stopped.. stopped hating, stopped trusting, stopped knowing where I stood...

    So thank you for posting that.

    ReplyDelete