Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Frozen Hot Chocolate

Ok, so I didn't add anything fancy to the top like whipped cream or chocolate curls... but I was desperately needing some chocolate in this hot, humid weather! :)

I stumbled upon this recipe via pinterest, one of my favorite websites! I was thinking about making hot chocolate but because of the heat, I rethought that one. Finding the frozen hot chocolate recipe was fabulous--and it tastes amazing!

First, you can find the recipe over at Mama Foodie. She has a GREAT step by step tutorial on how to make the recipe with photos! I forgot to take some pictures during because I was so hungry. hehe If you are a part of the Tasty Kitchen community, she also has it posted here.

Okay, on to the recipe!

Frozen Hot Chocolate
You will need:
*3 Tablespoons
Sugar

*1 package
 Hot Cocoa Mix - I used the "low sugar" kind (not that it matters since there is sugar added to this recipe anyway) ;)

*2 Tablespoons
 Unsalted Butter
 
*⅓ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - didn't have any in the house--but I did have dark chocolate candy melts...
*⅓ cups
 White Chocolate Chips

*12 ounces, fluid
 Can Evaporated Milk, Divided

*4-½ cups
 Ice

*Any toppings like whipped cream, chocolate curls, etc.


1. Combine the sugar, cocoa mix, and butter in the top of a double boiler that is set over gently boiling water.
2. Stir often until melted and a smooth paste forms. Add semi-sweet & white chocolate chips; stir.
3. When chips begin to melt, slowly stir in 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. This is the hardest part!
4.Combine the chocolate base mixture, the remaining evaporated milk and ice in a blender and cover. Blend until smooth. Put it in glasses and top on your favorite toppings--and ENJOY!! yum. ;)


Linked up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment